All About Polar Bears
This unit is packed with everything you need to implement an engaging polar bear unit in your classroom! It is packed full of reading passages with real photos, graphic organizers, writing paper and QR codes for video research. This pack includes 100 pages of fun!
This is a comprehensive nonfiction unit on polar bears.
Reading passages included (these can be printed as articles or projected):
- All About Polar Bears
- Where Do Polar Bears Live?
- Dangers to Polar Bears
- Polar Bear Food
- Polar Bear Adaptation on Land
- Polar Bear Adaptation in Water
- Young Polar Bears
- Polar Bear Anatomy
Resources included are:
- Picture files cards for some of the vocabulary words
- Six videos attached to QR codes for your students to watch and record what they learn about polar bears.
- Vocabulary word wall cards
- Vocabulary word book
- Vocabulary word detective page
- Polar bears notes- gathering facts and evidence from readings
- Caption This! – writing captions related to a drawing
- KWL charts
- Main Idea and detail page
- Can, have, are pages
- Graphic organizers
- Discussion cards that can be used for conversations or writing prompts.
- Writing paper in various sizes
For the QR codes, you will need a QR reader app downloaded onto a tablet or phone. There are many free ones in the app store.