This is a comprehensive nonfiction unit on polar bears.
Reading passages included (these can be printed as articles or projected):
- All About Polar Bears
- Where Do Polar Bears Live?
- Dangers to Polar Bears
- Polar Bear Food
- Polar Bear Adaptation on Land
- Polar Bear Adaptation in Water
- Young Polar Bears
- Polar Bear Anatomy
Resources included are:
- Picture files cards for some of the vocabulary words
- Six videos attached to QR codes for your students to watch and record what they learn about polar bears.
- Vocabulary word wall cards
- Vocabulary word book
- Vocabulary word detective page
- Polar bears notes- gathering facts and evidence from readings
- Caption This! – writing captions related to a drawing
- KWL charts
- Main Idea and detail page
- Can, have, are pages
- Graphic organizers
- Discussion cards that can be used for conversations or writing prompts.
- Writing paper in various sizes
For the QR codes, you will need a QR reader app downloaded onto a tablet or phone. There are many free ones in the app store.