Gingerbread Man Sequencing Journal
This activity is a fun way for your students to sequence and retell the various versions of The Gingerbread Man.
The stories included are:
- The Gingerbread Man (Gail Yerrill Version)
- The Gingerbread Girl by Lisa Ernst
- The Gingerbread Boy by Richard Egielski
- The Gingerbread Bear by Robert Dennis and Tammie Lyon
- The Gingerbread Cowboy by Janet Squires and Holly Berry
- The Gingerbread Baby by Jann Brett
- The Gingerbread Man – Loose in the School by Laura Murray
Decide on the stories you will use. Assemble the book with the pages you wish to use. After reading each story, students draw the setting of the story. Next, students use the sequence strips to put the events in the correct order for each story.
Attach a gingerbread man to a craft stick. Students can use the gingerbread man on the craft stick to retell each story.
*Retell cards for a pocket chart are included.